

A little before 2:00AM on Sunday morning the contractions began to keep me awake. The feeling of pure thankfulness that God was going to bring our little one into the world was over welling! After laboring at home for about 14 hours, the contractions began to be very strong and much closer together. We headed to the hospital-when we arrived I had several more contractions while we were trying to make it to the 3rd floor. When we checked in I was at a 5 to 6 cm. We got into our labor and delivery room (they wouldn't let me walk because they didn't want my water to break) and the next time I was checked (around 6:15 PM) I was at 7cm. The nurse was setting up the room when my water broke, and the whirlwind began! I was pushing by the next contraction and a the nurse was calling everyone in. They called two Dr.'s on call and the "hall Dr.'s" (as I like to call them). I was shouting for the mirror while the "hall Dr." was rushing to get gloves on. After two pushes the baby's head was out. The cord was wrapped around his neck once. One more push and Lucas Bradly Pituch entered the world weighing 8lbs 8ozs and measuring 22 1/2 inches long at 6:42PM. Lucas has a beautiful head of dark hair! He's a sweet boy and has no problem with his big sister and big brother's playing, running, crying fooling around. Lucas has settled right into our family! Him being here makes us all very happy! WE LOVE YOU LUCAS!!!
5 comments:
Aww.... he's darling! Love you all and congrats on your new addition!
Love the pictures. Thanks for the labor story...answers to my questions. :)
he is adorable! congrats!! AND, your make up looks fabulous!!!
Yay! Sounds like everything went well! You look gorgeous holding Lucas! Congratulations again...I'm so glad the Lord answered prayers! :o) Enjoy getting to know him.
Great pictures! The adventure is just beginning. It was fun sharing this pregnancy timeframe with you. Can't wait to see you guys.
Post a Comment