Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Pituch's are offically a Family of 7!

We are so very grateful to have the honor to announce to newest members of the Pituch family. Andy and I are the proud parents of identical twins. If you have ever talked with Andy and I about children, you'd know that we have both always had a strong desire to have twins. This is a very exciting addition to our family.  We are to thankful to our Heavenly Father for the opportunity to have them.  We also understand that God's plans are not always the same as ours.  We experienced the heartbreaking loss of our babies at 11 weeks into the pregnancy. 

We believe whole heartedly that God is always in control and loves us more than we can understand.  We also believe and know that God works ALL THINGS together for His glory. We know that Satan intends to hurt us, and try's to draw us away from our Savior.  We refuse to allow our painful loss to cause us to be angry at God.  We refuse to forget that these babies are our precious miracles.  It's clear to us that Satan is working hard all around us to try to pull us down.  He works so hard, but all the while we draw nearer to our God. 

We've spent a few weeks in the book of Philippians at church.  In Philippians 3:10&11 Paul talks about his 5 goals for his relationship with Christ.

1. To Know Him
2. To Know the Power of His Resurrection
3. To Know the Know the Fellowship of His Sufferings
4. To Be Like Him in His Death
5. To Attain The Resurrection From the Dead

These are lofty goals for sure, but they are a 5 goals that Andy and I want to carry out in our lives and in our home.  Why so I share this with you? It's because of number 3.  While we could look at our sufferings in our lives and think nobody could understand, or perhaps you are thinking well, God can relate to my sufferings I was reminded during this particular sermon that I have just a glimpse as to what is was like to be Jesus.  I can relate with Him for just a moment. I can almost taste what is was like to be like Jesus.  When I remember to think like that, somehow suffering becomes an honor.  Perhaps you think this is silly, that this "kind of suffering" is not for God's cause.  Please let me gently remind you that God uses ALL THINGS for His glory.  We are able to take great comfort in knowing that our babies short lives play a part of Gods amazing plan.  Such an honor.
(**If you are interested in listening to the sermons, go to http://www.gracebiblecw.com they are titled "That I May Know Him" part 1&2  They are worth listening to!  Well, the entire series is, I know I'll be spending more time going back and listening to them again.)

Why are we sharing this news with the world?  Well, we are guessing that if you have never been through something like this yourself, you know someone who has.  Each family goes through a loss in their our way.  While we kept this private while we were going through it, we want to share this with you because we are so thankful for our time with our little ones, even if it was a very short time. We will praise our Lord through our painful times as well as our joyful times.

While we do not know the gender of our babies (although we both picture 2 little Emmett's-in looks, hair color and dare I say in personalities) we have named them.  We are thankful for so many family members and friends that God has given us in our lives.  Andy and I both were given Grandfathers who had a great impact in our lives.  Who taught us so many things, who loved us in unique ways...relationships that while they have both passed away live on in our hearts just like our babies will. 

So with heavy hearts we are proud to share our wonderful gifts with all of you...


John Ithai Pituch and Willert Noadiah Pituch.  John after Andy's paternal Grandfather and Ithai (pronounced it-tah'ee) which means With the Lord. Willert after my Maternal Grandfather and Noadiah which means Meeting with the Lord.  You will be forever in our hearts, and greatly missed until we are together again!  We love you both so very much!!

10 comments:

Brian Snyder said...

Wow. To God be the glory. May He continue to be your comfort and your rock. Thanks for sharing your news in such a positive outlook. The Snyders extend our love. -Brian

Nicole said...

I am so sorry to hear this. We are a family of 6, so I know what you must be feeling. We will keep you all in our prayers.

-M said...

Beautifully written testimony of the power of God in your lives. Amen.

Matt D said...

Thanks for this post. We look forward to meeting our first child in Eternity, too. (not to mention Grandpa (Willert))!

Anonymous said...

"He's got the whole world in His hands"--praying for you and knowing your pain and the joy it is to know the you will see them again. Andi

MCali said...

Charissa, I am so sorry. I love the names and the meanings though. I actually wondered if you were preggo (you always glow when you are) when we were there picking up the bed, but I know that you always tell me in due time. I love you and definitely praying for you all.

I wish you could have heard a session at our conference this morning. I will try to get you the CD soon. He lost 2 of his 3 children and his Dad in a car accident 23 years ago. He said they never once blamed God and the testimony is amazing. One thing he said this morning that I think will stick with me forever is this, "I didn't lose anything. I know where my children are. They just preceded me to Heaven." I can't remember the exact phrasing of the next part, but he said, "The Bible promises me that he will restore the years that the locust has stolen, so I don't know how He will do it, but when you get to Heaven and you hear someone shouting and laughing. That's just me reunited with my children." It just impacted me to no end.

Let us know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for your loss! Please know--God is receiving glory from your reliance on Him! Praise the name of our God! Love, Aunt Sandy

Lenda said...

Charissa and Andy....so sorry to hear of your loss. Your post is such a clear picture of your relationship with Jesus Christ. I'm praying for you!

Lenda

Anonymous said...

Still praying for you and know that you are loved. LOL (you'll know who that is from that). :) Take care, and let me know if you need anything.

Shirley Horn said...

I am so touched by your letter. My baby son John Thomas would have been 45 years old on July 19. He is always in my heart and thoughts. God knew what was best for me and for him, so I am looking forward to seeing him in Heaven. Also our 18 year old granddaughter Angel, our great grandddaughter Faith and our grandson Jeffrey Edward. God has a plan for each of us and if we just put our faith in him, he will comfort us until we meet again. Thank you for sharing your loss with us and for showing us God's love in your lives.