Well, we haven't yet decided on a name yet. Thomas and Mae are still really set on calling our little baby girl polka dot. We call her dot all the time, it will be strange when we start calling her by her name. I think the nickname will stick! (I'm really into polka dot patterns now too! I'm being sucked in!)
She is becoming a more and more active baby, and she just found my ribs just the other day! I can't complain though, she mostly stays where gravity takes her. We've been able to predict what time she is awake and a sleep, which I have to say is pretty cool! She has some really big moves, and sometimes I look down right lumpy. We can hardly wait to see our little girl and hold her for the first time! It feels so far away, although I'm sure it's just around the corner. She's our little miracle!
We've been working on Dot's room. Two coats of prime, three coats of paint, and four times around the trim and that horrible shade of yellow is finally gone! For the record, I think we never want to see yellow again! Anyway, we are getting ready for the hand painted border that the WONDERFUL Penny Oates is going come and grace our home with June 9th. I can hardly stand the excitement! (and I'm sure you all feel that way too! Listen, I'm not even being sarcastic!) Penny has also made us the most beautiful pillow for the rocking chair, which I can only dream will be Dot's favorite pillow ever. She has also been working on our curtains for us (which she and Mom picked without me...wow it's scary how well they know me!) The curtain look so awesome! I can hardly wait to get everything together. Oh did I mention that Penny and I, on one of our late night walmart runs after working all night at Bob Evan's, a year or so ago, purchased all the bins, hamper, toy boxes and the clock?? Well, they were perfect, and my birthday was coming up.
Heather has also been very helpful to Andy and I. I seem to create bigger projects that my growing self can really handle alone. She has joined me for some late night weeding of the gardens...they look great for being half done be flashlight! And sanding and painting the the trim for the nursery. Man oh man am I lucky to have such loving and talented people around me!
I'm sure Andy meant what he said...the pic's are coming soon...I'll remind him. Life, it sure it busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment