I keep thinking that it's time to update our blog, but I just can't seem to find anything overly exciting to share so I am going to settle for a general update:
Most recently we have all been and are sick... I think we are in recovery mode-but I am feeling the cold I picked up on the tail end of this illness. I think this is the worst cold I've had in a while, or maybe it's because we have been sick for 2 weeks now, and still feel terrible. The babies are trying to heal from their double ear infections--yes, all 4 ears!
Anyway, enough complaining- at least for now.
Kaleigh has been taking swimming lessons, and is doing great! They had her going under water by her second lesson, and by the 3rd class, the teacher (who is also the head of the "teachers") said that she was ready for preschool 1. I was pretty excited about that because she had to test into the class since she is not 3 yet. By the end of the following class they said maybe she should move straight to preschool 2. So needless to say, she loves it, she is doing great and we are so proud of her! Kaleigh most enjoys reading her Bible at bedtime, reading her "5 Silly Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" "Mommy Loves Me" and "Mermaid Magic". She likes to play with her kitchen and foods--but most of all she loves the real thing..."Making Baking". Which is what it sounds like--we start with making what we are going to be baking. Daddy is always talking Kaleigh into going on all kinds of errands with him. She mostly is always happy to grab some shoes and head out the door with him. Kaleigh is a big fan of building castles and thinks every picture of a princess or pretty girl looks like me--aww to see myself through my daughter's eyes! It's really cool to be a princess who it so beautiful. She is currently weighing is at 38lbs--wow she is a growing girl! She also seems to have a great imagination--as she tells us all about her tail, and everyone else's and what color it is... What can I say, she loves to dream. :) Oh yeah and Kaleigh got her earrings!
Emmett is running and climbing everywhere and on everything! I didn't realize that having a boy was like having a "hair-less" monkey. :) He has so much personality that I can't begin to write it all out. He has a since of humor that I have never seen on a baby! He loves Heather's baby "baby Allie". He thinking he should get to hold and love on her. He looks at a baby doll with such concentration. Maybe we have a Dr. on our hands! He loves to look through books, push all buttons on the TV, play with Kaleigh and Mae, Thomas ans Evan. Emmett always enjoys his morning interaction with Aunt Penny (which is a whole story in and of it's self). He enjoys his haircuts--which he stands for all by himself! Emmett is a happy guy with a lot to tell the world as well as learning about. He has several words other than the classics--you know Mama, Dada, NO NO NO NO! He says "Thank you", and ball, hello, bye bye... Emmett weighs as of last week at the Dr. 21lbs. Emmett is still very small in our eyes, still wearing a few 12months clothes, but can also wear a couple 24months items. Emmett sees no need for shoes. Emmett's favorite toys include cars or whatever has wheels, and balls...big ones, small ones, green ones, red ones, blue ones. If it rolls it's great. Emmett is done nursing too. Which makes me really happy, and a little sad. He's getting so big, I guess it's time for a car :)
OK, well it's almost bath time, and the kids are playing together right in front of me, and they are starting to get a little wild, so off to settle them down starting with a bath, pj's, milk, brushing teeth, ice water books, songs, prayers and the finally around 8:30 BED! Which is one of those mixed things for me--happy to get them down for bed, sad to not be spending time with them...is that weird? Oh well, I love them, they are a gift, and each moment is also a gift!
No comments:
Post a Comment